Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

car revving, occasionally stalling when idling (in damp conditions)

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Zz Man 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!
I am posting in hopes that someone will be able to help me.
I have a 2012 Santa Fe - 4 cyl engine - 95,000 km.

Last fall it started doing this thing - when I am at a stop (long red lights especially), it starts revving up and ultimately stalls. Sometimes, when I apply the breaks, it almost surges forward first, then revvs at stop.
If I put it in Neutral or Park it stops the revving and returns to normal idle.
It happens more often then not in damp (post rain or really humid) conditions.

Couple of times, when it stalled, it gave the code P0106.
When I restart, things go back to norm and it will drive fine. Most of the time it won't even hold the code.
Had the car scanned/tested 4 times now with no results. All the sensors are testing fine.

So far I had 2 tune ups, spark plugs replaced, MAPS sensor replaced 3 times(!!), all the sensors cleaned, lines tested for pressure leaks. NOTHING changed!

The only things that one of the mechanics noticed today during a road test was that the battery reading dipped drastically when I was breaking. But other readings (incl battery capacity and something else) were all fine... of course we are experiencing a perfect summer day today- no rain or humidity :(.

Has anyone experienced this with their Santa Fe before?
One of the mechanics is ready to start replacing everything under the hood - with a hefty price tag.
I am at my wits end :(
Thank you in advance for any ideas!!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.