Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

LED Lights for SEL Plus

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Luzr 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! I recently purchases a 2019 SeL Plus and would like to update the interior and exterior lights to LED. I've seen posts for previous model years that include the exact lights needed. Has anyone done this for the 2019? Looking to change out the headlights and fog lights as well.

#6 ·
I also have a 2019 SEL Plus and am very disappointed with the standard old fashion Halogen bulb. While this can be replaced with an aftermarket LED is it as functional as the OEM LED on the Limited and Ultimate. In other words, are the LED headlights in the Limited a totally different housing, protector and unit, or are they the same part with just an LED bulb? While LEDs look cool, I want improved functionality.
On the IHS safety website the standard lights fail all safety standards that are recommended , providing only 100 ft of illumination straight ahead.
Google IHS lighting and search Santa Fe 2019, as a newbie I am not allowed to post links

I doubt an aftermarket bulb would double the illumination distance, like found in the Limited OEM LED units which got a "good" rating. I contacted Hyundai and they advised they are working as designed, not much help.

The Xenon OEM lights on my 2010RDX that I traded were much better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.