Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

Computer Update

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  santafe19 
#1 ·
I took my Santa Fe in for an oil change/rotation. Service adviser informed me of a computer update had been conducted. I told her "I hadn't received a notice!" She explained the notices haven't been released yet; but the updated was performed since my vehicle was in the shop. I have spoken of not being satisfied with the transmission operation since owning the vehicle. The update is for the start/stop and she stated "this may" help with the trans issues that i have spoken of (posted 11/18). Well, since the update and only driving about 100 miles there is a very noticeable difference. Start/stop function (which i do not like) works a lot smoother, transmission shifts smoother and the perceived slip/hesitation has not occurred! At this point very happy again!:smile

#8 ·
Thanks for the reply.I live in Canada apparently the dealerships don’t have this ecu update yet.I called your dealership with my vin number and what do you know there is an update.i guess not a universal thing between u.s and Canada.I live close to the border might take my car to U.S to update.

#10 ·
I assume all are referring to the T3M ECM ESG 18 01 043 Service Campaign (not a recall) that's been out since early this year.
https://autoservice.hyundaiusa.com/campaignHome
It improves the ISG/ASS (Auto Stop Start) function and may help occasional "sloppy starts" on 2.4L engines where one needs to hold the button down a few seconds or start it a 2nd time when it runs rough. I just had mine done 2 mons ago and while I did not have either problem much I had noticed them rarely along with random gas smell by engine and now all is good.

#11 ·
I assume all are referring to the T3M ECM ESG 18 01 043 Service Campaign (not a recall) that's been out since early this year.

https://autoservice.hyundaiusa.com/campaignHome

It improves the ISG/ASS (Auto Stop Start) function and may help occasional "sloppy starts" on 2.4L engines where one needs to hold the button down a few seconds or start it a 2nd time when it runs rough. I just had mine done 2 mons ago and while I did not have either problem much I had noticed them rarely along with random gas smell by engine and now all is good.

Thanks! I got mine more recently so it most likely already got this update.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.